A Step-by-Step Guide for Making UPI Payments Without an Internet Connection
When there is a bad network or slow internet, this will be a lifesaver.
Have you ever been in the middle of using Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe, or another UPI payment tool to send money online when suddenly your Internet connection stops working for no apparent reason? If so, the mobile banking service *99#, which uses USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data), can be very useful to you. Without an internet connection, you can use it to request and send money, update your UPI PIN, and even check your account balance.
Everybody in the nation has access to banking services thanks to the *99# service. It is accessible in 13 languages, including Hindi and English, and is provided by 83 top banks and 4 telecom service providers. Here’s how to set it up and send payments using UPI offline.
Configure offline UPI transactions
- On your smartphone or feature phone, dial *99#. But in order for this service to function, you must call from the same phone number that has been associated with your bank account.
- Next, pick the language of your choice and type in the name of your bank.
- When a list of bank accounts associated with your number is displayed, select the one you want to use by selecting the appropriate option.
- Now input the expiration date and the last six numbers of your debit card.
- After setting it up properly, you can make UPI payments without an Internet connection by following the instructions that follow.
Send UPI payments offline
- To send money, dial *99# on your phone and enter 1.
- Select your preferred choice and enter the recipient’s UPI ID, phone number, or bank account number.
- Next, enter your UPI PIN along with the money.
- You will only be charged a maximum of Rs. 0.50 per transaction for using the *99# service after your payment has been successfully processed.
The maximum amount per transaction for this service is now Rs. 5,000.